Find the Best SUV Accident Lawyer in Newark, CA: Protect Your Rights

In the aftermath of Sport Utility Vehicle(s) (“SUV”) motor vehicle accidents, securing the services of an SUV Accident Lawyer in Newark is crucial. Nestled in the heart of Newark, CA, The Jagroop Law Office, Inc. possesses a sterling track record in representing motor vehicle accident/personal injury clients in motor vehicle accident/personal injury cases.


Residents of Newark, CA, Fremont, Oakland, and the San Francisco Bay Area have consistently turned to The Jagroop Law Office, Inc. for its outstanding expertise in motor vehicle accident/personal injury cases. Over the years, we have secured favorable outcomes for an abundance of motor vehicle accident/personal injury clients in the State of California.

If you or a loved one has been significantly impacted by an SUV-related motor vehicle accident, do not delay seeking the legal representation that you need. Call 510-556-4013 for a complimentary consultation, and let us advocate for you at The Jagroop Law Office, Inc. in Newark, CA.

SUV accident lawyer
SUV turned upside down in a traffic accident

Did You Know? – Key Points on California Car Accident Laws

Under California Code of Civil Procedure § 338, concerning property damage, this law states that the applicable statute of limitations for a property damage claim/case is within three (3) years from the date of the property damage incident.

Under California Code of Civil Procedure § 335.1, concerning bodily injury negligence, this law states that the applicable statute of limitations for a bodily injury negligence case/claim caused by the neglect of another is within two (2) years from the date of the bodily injury negligence incident.

When it comes to Motor Vehicle Accident/Personal Injury Cases in the State of California, the State of California (by way of the California Supreme Court) adopted the “pure” form of comparative negligence. The trier of fact (the judge or the jury) determines what percentage of the fault that caused the injuries was attributable to the plaintiff/claimant. Then the trier of fact reduces the gross monetary damage award that was awarded to the plaintiff/claimant by his or her percentage of liability/fault. As a result, some amount of damage is recoverable to the plaintiff/claimant, even if the plaintiff’s/claimant’s negligence is equal to or greater than the defendant’s negligence.

When it comes to Motor Vehicle Accident/Personal Injury Cases in the State of California, under California Vehicle Code § 16000(a), this law states: “The driver of a motor vehicle who is in any manner involved in an accident originating from the operation of the motor vehicle on a street or highway, or is involved in a reportable off-highway accident, as defined in Section 16000.1, that has resulted in damage to the property of any one person in excess of one thousand dollars ($1,000), or in bodily injury, or in the death of any person shall report the accident, within 10 days after the accident, either personally or through an insurance agent, broker, or legal representative, on a form approved by the department, to the office of the department at Sacramento [California Department of Motor Vehicles], subject to this chapter. The driver shall identify on the form, by name and current residence address, if available, any person involved in the accident complaining of bodily injury.”

If you do not resolve/settle your motor vehicle accident/personal injury case within the applicable statute of limitations, or, in the alternative, if you do not file a lawsuit in, at, and with the appropriate trial court of the Superior Court of California, then your motor vehicle accident/personal injury case will be considered “time barred.” “Time barred” means that you will be barred from pursuing monetary damages concerning the property damage phase of your case/claim and/or the bodily injury phase of your case/claim.

Under California Vehicle Code § 16020(a), this law states: “All drivers and owners of a motor vehicle shall at all times be able to establish financial responsibility pursuant to Section 16021, and shall at all times carry in the vehicle evidence of the form of financial responsibility in effect for the vehicle.” As a result, this means that a motorist must be an insured motorist, and that he or she must always have active motor vehicle insurance on his or her motor vehicle.

Under California Insurance Code § 11580.1(b)(1)-(4), this law states:

“Every policy of automobile liability insurance to which subdivision (a) applies shall contain all of the following provisions:

(1) Coverage limits not less than the limits specified in subdivision (a) of Section 16056 of the Vehicle Code.

(2) Designation by explicit description of, or appropriate reference to, the motor vehicles or class of motor vehicles to which coverage is specifically granted.

(3) Designation by explicit description of the purposes for which coverage for those motor vehicles is specifically excluded.

(4) Provision affording insurance to the named insured with respect to any owned or leased motor vehicle covered by the policy, and to the same extent that insurance is afforded to the named insured, to any other person using the motor vehicle, provided the use is by the named insured or with his or her permission, express or implied, and within the scope of that permission, except that: (A) with regard to insurance afforded for the loading or unloading of the motor vehicle, the insurance may be limited to apply only to the named insured, a relative of the named insured who is a resident of the named insured’s household, a lessee or bailee of the motor vehicle, or an employee of any of those persons; and (B) the insurance afforded to any person other than the named insured need not apply to: (i) any employee with respect to bodily injury sustained by a fellow employee injured in the scope and course of his or her employment, or (ii) any person, or to any agent or employee thereof, employed or otherwise engaged in the business of selling, repairing, servicing, delivering, testing, road-testing, parking, or storing automobiles with respect to any accident arising out of the maintenance or use of a motor vehicle in connection therewith. As used in this chapter, “owned motor vehicle” includes all motor vehicles described and rated in the policy.”

Pursuant to California Insurance Code § 11580.1(b)(1)-(4), the minimum liability insurance requirements are as follows:

(1) $15,000.00 for bodily injury or death to one person;

(2) $30,000.00 for bodily injury or death to more than one person;

(3) And $5,000.00 for property damage.

5. Professional Guidance: Engaging with a licensed California Motor Vehicle Accident/Personal Injury Attorney can not only aid in comprehending the motor vehicle insurance process but also in optimizing the potential/possible monetary value of your motor vehicle accident/personal injury case. Moreover, a licensed California Motor Vehicle Accident/Personal Injury Attorney’s expertise is invaluable in ensuring compliance with state laws related to motor vehicle accidents.

Remember, knowledge is the first step in ensuring your rights are protected. Always consult with professionals, like The Jagroop Law Office, Inc., to guide you through the intricate maze of accident laws.