Were you are involved in a motor vehicle accident (bicycle accident, motorcycle accident, bus accident, truck accident, automobile accident, pedestrian accident, etc.)? If so, were you zero percent at fault in said motor vehicle accident? If so, as a result of said motor vehicle accident, did you suffer a bodily injury or bodily injuries?
If the answers to these three (3) above-mentioned questions are “yes”, HERE IS WHAT YOU NEED TO DO IMMEDIATELY AFTER THE MOTOR VEHICLE ACCIDENT, WITHOUT HESISTATION, WITHOUT DELAY:
- Immediately call the police by dialing 9-1-1 to report the motor vehicle accident;
- Exchange Driver’s License Information, Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) Registration Card Information, and Automobile Insurance Information. [Take a picture of the opposing party’s or opposing parties’ Driver License Information, DMV Registration Card Information, and Automobile Insurance Information].
- Take a picture or pictures and/or video or videos of the property damage to your motor vehicle. Take a picture or pictures and/or video or videos of the property damage to the opposing party’s or opposing parties’ motor vehicle(s).
- If there is a witness or if there are witnesses to the motor vehicle accident, take note of that witness’s or those witnesses’ name(s), address(es), telephone number(s), fax number(s), and/or e-mail address(es). Basically, whatever contact information you can procure.
- Check to see if there is a surveillance (video) camera or if there are surveillance (video) cameras in the area that could have potentially captured the motor vehicle accident occurring.
- At the scene of the motor vehicle accident find out what the at fault parties’ injury insurance policy limit is, however, do not disclose your bodily injury policy limit.
- DO NOT COMMUNICATE WITH THE OPPOSING PARTY’S OR OPPOSING PARTIES’ AUTOMOBILE INSURANCE CARRIER(S) AT ALL! Only take note of the opposing party’s or opposing parties’ claim # or claim #’s. Anything that you say to the opposing party’s or opposing parties’ automobile insurance carrier will be recorded. Anything that you say to the opposing party’s or opposing parties’ automobile insurance carrier can be used against you later on.
- Visit, seek, and receive the necessary medical services and/or medical treatment that you need for the bodily injury or bodily injuries that you suffered as a result of the motor vehicle accident regularly, consistently, and constantly IMMEDIATELY, RIGHT AWAY, WITHOUT DELAY, WITHOUT HESITATION.YOU HAVE A DUTY TO MITIGATE YOUR DAMAGES, WHETHER YOU HAVE HEALTH INSURANCE OR NOT!
- IMMEDIATELY, RIGHT AWAY, WITHOUT DELAY, WITHOUT HESITATION CALL THE JAGROOP LAW OFFICE FOR A FREE, INITIAL, TELEPHONE CONVERSATION, FOR THE LEGAL REPRESENTATION, FOR THE LEGAL HELP, AND THE LEGAL ASSISTANCE THAT YOU NEED!